Midwest Structural Repairs, Foundations, and Basement Waterproofing
Serving Cedar Rapids, Iowa City, Des Moines, Omaha, and Sioux Falls
Midwest Structural Repair has been serving the central Iowa, Nebraska, and southeastern parts of South Dakota for years as a premier basement, foundation, and crawl space solutions specialist. Our customer guarantee includes top notch services at competitive rates using advanced technology, products, and equipment for quality home restoration. This includes basement waterproofing for water mitigation and drain systems, foundation repair for wall cracks and structural lifting (or concrete raising), and crawl space encapsulation that comes with fixing integral supports.
We service surrounding areas of Cedar Rapids and Des Moines IA, Iowa City and Omaha NE, & Sioux Falls SD from our local office in Iowa with an approximated 250 mile radius. All technicians arrive promptly and provide free written estimates upon completion of every inspection. Our staff and team members at Midwest Structural Repair are experienced professionals in home repairs and system installations, certified by state contractor regulations and building codes.
Mitigating and draining excess water to fix and restore wet basement problems.Learn More
Correcting structural failure through realignment of foundations, cracks, & bowed walls.Learn More
Crawl Space Repair
Restoration using encapsulation for water & mold, and support beam repairs.Learn More
Concrete Raising & Leveling
Lifting other concrete exteriors such as driveways, sidewalks, porches, & decks. Learn More
Common Problems We Fix in Iowa and Nebraska Homes
Midwest Structural Repair has restored many variations of foundation, wet basement, and crawl space problems. Each situation presents a unique solution to every home in Iowa and Nebraska, all with different variables that we must properly inspect before beginning any project. This allows us to thoroughly provide the most effective repair method.
- Leaky concrete walls that have deteriorated over time, caused by cracks or openings.
- Seepage on the floor creating cracks caused by hydrostatic pressure build up from the soil.
- Cove joints are leaking water from rising and falling water table around your home.
- Yard flooding caused by improper yard grading, where water cannot escape due to the landscape.
- Failed sump pumps that no longer work due to age or bad system setup.
- Pipe penetrations that leak from no sealants being provided during installation (left open and vulnerable).
- Masonry leaks from deterioration of mason walls or the mortars between bricks.
- Basement wall cracks caused be settlement of your home, concrete shrinkage, or from hydrostatic pressure being applied to the walls.
- Bowed walls that protrude inwards caused by hydrostatic pressure from water and soil build-up over time.
- Sinking foundations that are settling into the ground from natural expanding and contracting soil, as well as hydrostatic pressure.
- Foundation cracks appearing in several areas usually caused by any of the above symptoms as an after-effect of failing foundations.
- Windows or doors that have become 'stuck' or hard to open from concrete foundations shifting and moving.
- Wet crawl spaces that have flooded caused by poor drainage, grading, or proper protection from water.
- Mold build up that harms air quality and wooden structural supports caused by damp or humid environments.
- Sagging floors caused by failing support joists in the crawl space. Usually from mold or wood rot deterioration of the joist.
- Bugs, pests, and critters creating nests underneath your home from lack of encapsulation and protective barriers to keep them out.
- House is shifting or settling into the ground at an angle which is cause by floor joists breaking or moving with ground as it shifts.